- 2 cups milk (For a vegan version , use almond milk)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- Few strands of dried saffron flower
- Sugar or Honey (Only if required for taste)
- 1Add the milk, turmeric, black pepper powder and saffron in a small pot.
- 2To the grated ginger, add a drop or two of water and squeeze out the juice from the ginger into the pot containing the other ingredients.
- 3Bring the milk to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a medium low and let it simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- 4Serve hot with a dash of honey or a pinch of sugar if required. However, the flavors even without the sweet element were good enough for us.