An easy lunch or dinner idea that consists of an easy pizza base with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and chilli.
- 400 gr white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1x 5gr sachet instant yeast
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 320 ml warm water
- 5 tablespoons Neapolitan pasta sauce or pizza base tomato sauce
- a pinch of chilli flakes for each pizza base
- 100 gr grated cheddar cheese
- 250 gr portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 200 gr cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 125 gr fresh mozzarella, cut into chunks
- fresh basil to garnish
- 1On a clean surface, sift the flour and salt onto a heap.
- 2In another mixing bowl combine the yeast, sugar, olive oil and water. Leave for a few minutes until yeast and sugar has dissolved.
- 3Make a whole in the middle of the flour heap and add the liquids little by little, using a fork to incorporate it into the flour.
- 4Keep working the liquids through the dry ingredients until you are left with a slightly sticky, manageable dough.
- 5Cover with cling wrap and place it in a floured bowl - leave to rise in a warm room until double its size.
- 6Now you can knead the dough down, break the dough into smaller pieces and refrigerate the rest. You can make about 10 small pizzas like these. This recipe is for 5.
- 7Roll each piece of dough out until 2 cm thick – arrange on an oven safe baking tray.
- 8Smear each disk with Neapolitan sauce, sprinkle with chilli flakes, cover with cheddar, mushrooms and chopped cherry tomatoes.
- 9Smear each disk with Neapolitan sauce, sprinkle with chilli flakes, cover with cheddar, mushrooms and chopped cherry tomatoes.
- 10Bake in a hot oven 200 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes until cheese has melted and the dough turns colour.
- 11Remove form heat and arrange the mozzarella cheese on the pizzas. Return to the oven for another 8 minutes.
- 12Garnish with fresh basil.